why can't I search nationwide?

Asked by Dec 10, 2015 at 05:52 PM

79,835

You can, just click on the radius pull down menu. New cars are limited to 500 miles though so just pick a city near where you want to search.

that option is not highlighted/available??

same here - 100 miles is max you can tag!

still no answer to this? hate to be a conspiracy person but i always assume this is to hide saturated areas with cheap prices.

79,835

The explanation is simple. If you are searching for new cars a big radius will give you thousands and thousands of cars all priced pretty much the same. Just change your zip code if you want to search another city.

cargurus, do you hear!!!

i want to search for a specific model nationwide - how can i do this?

I am trying to get the real answer to the question. Up until a few weeks ago, I could search for both new and used Corvette Z06 getting vehicles from around the county a d the prices were often vastly different. Now I only find a few with the used search and the new sear only brings up local dealerships or within a couple hundred miles. I am willing to travel anywhere to get a great deal and can choose more specifically any options I really want. So what is going on?