After driving for 1000 mile with an oil change. Should I have to refill oil in my 2008 Toyota Sienna

Asked by Nov 30, 2015 at 08:29 AM

210,775

How much did you loose, any leaks?

16,850

Check oil level before adding oil on the oil dip stick.

78,435

You could use up too a quart in 600 miles, if you used more than that then it is time for some engine work. So yes it is normal for engines to use oil during normal operations, as the car ages and it gets more and more miles the oil consumption will increase. HTH

19,725

No

35,045

Not for an engine in good shape. If you car has really high miles then maybe you will need to add oil. I consider anything more than quart in 3,000 miles excessive for a low mile car. My Ford with 175,000 miles uses about 1 quart every 3,000 and a Toyota I had with over 300,000 miles used about 2 quarts in 3,000 miles. A new Subaru I bought this year used one quart in less than a thousand miles but they installed a new engine because that was excessive.