I got my cadilitic converter replaced on my 2006 Chevy Malibu . I have tried to get gas yet but when I get gas prior to cadilitic converter being replaced my car wouldn't start after getting gas.

Asked by Nov 13, 2015 at 09:22 AM

But now that it is fixed are there any
pointers to do before starting the car
after gas ?

745

Are you sure that the problem was the converter and not a sensor, no pointers other than if ur worried the car won't start after gassing it up just don't shut it off at the pump, but know that if u leave it running at the pump it may throw an evap code

Well my check engine light was on and it was up for the converter and mine is the converter that is linked to the manifold but it got fixed yesterday. But I also have evap code up and trying to find the solution behind the gas situation.

But after I get gas and when i can get my car to go it's fine if I turn it off and turn it on again idk someone told me to turn the key but don't turn the ignition on and turn it off and give it a minute then start it. But refused less I need the problem fixed.

745

Okay it was not ur converter that went bad, that should have been the last thing that ur shop should have fixed, the reason the car won't start after you shut it off is probably an o2 sensors that would also throw a miss fire code now the evap could be as simple as a gas cap, the shop should have shut the engine light off after they performed work on it to start the "drive cycle" as well