Does the Saturn Ion have front wheel dr

Asked by Nov 11, 2015 at 02:40 PM

Want to tow the Ion 200 miles

http://www.saturn.com/content/dam/saturn/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Owners/Owner_Resources/Manuals/en/us/2007/ion/2007-saturn-ion-owners-manual.pdf

Looks like the owners manual allows dinghy towing with 4 wheel on ground. But don't take my word, download the link and see page 257 to decide for yourself --- the last Ion was 2007 and you don't say what year so I went with that, and yes it is front wheel drive. Personally if I had to tow it, just to be safe put it front on a dolly or the car on a trailer. It's not that expensive to rent a trailer, and then you will also have proper lighting/turn signals. But regardless, do NOT tow it backwards, from rear (unless on a trailer, then it doesn't matter)