Where are the time marks on the crank pully on a 01 mercury cougar?

50

Asked by Jul 26, 2015 at 01:48 PM

It doesn't have any. It has a coil pack and no distributor, ignition timing is set by PCM from multiple inputs and is not adjustable. This applies to the i4 2.0L and 2.5 V6 both.

50

I'm doing timing chain looks like some one has just did it and is off I have #1 cylinder at TDC timing marks on all cams are off what do do to rest cams to be correct and how will I know. Might I note key way in crank is at 11 o'clock.

50

Ok, so on the cam shaft gears the outer marks on the gears is all I need to focus on and no other holes or indentations in the middle of cam shaft great? Correct?

I have to take the other image down or they will delete it as a duplicate. But BACK of gears have arrows. And links in chain are painted, usually red or yellow

Best Answer Mark helpful
50

Okay so Match the color on chain to color on cam gear

That's it.

50

10 4 thank you much

50

What's the secret with removing the front cover?