dealership fee

Asked by Jun 24, 2015 at 02:52 PM

why are car dealers charging 698.00 dealership fee

They charge anything and everything they can. They charge you "Document Preparation Fee". i.e.they charge for their time to fill out paperwork to sell you the car. I would ask what specifically that is, it's vague and you are entitled to know what is costing you $700 of your hard-earned money. When I bought my car I called them out on that, the Document prep fee, $50, and of course, "oh, i will have to ask the sales manager" 10 minutes later, after they talked about the ball-game last night, I got "Well, Mr. ..... We are going to do you a big favor. We never do this, but will waive that, you seem like a nice guy" Oh lord, gimme a break. Only reason the waived it is because I told them flat out I'm not paying it. No deal otherwise. But not knowing what it really is, it may be a legitimate fee. But like I say, for $700 you are entitled to a full explanation.

46,415

I never pay the documentation fee. I tell them to take it off of the deal or I walk. They usually lower the price to cover the fee.