i have a 1997 chrystler town and country van drove it today to bmv when i came back out and started it it reved way up to 5 on the tach shut it off waited few restarted turned air on reved down to about 2 drove it home about 1 mile when i got home and put in park it did same thing back to 4 any ideas

Asked by Jun 03, 2015 at 06:04 PM

17,650

Throttle may be sticking in throttle body or you have a major vacuum leak. Spray throttle body with throttle body cleaner and check all of your vacuum hoses.

thanks ill try that

17,650

Also may want to check your ( TBS ) switch. That is your throttle position switch it may not be closing your throttle and may need to be replaced.

17,650

It may be not closing your throttle letting it suck in to much air.