93 Pontiac Sunbird performance

Asked by Feb 13, 2015 at 12:38 AM

I really don't want to buy a new car because i love this car. I also don't want to spend
money to get another car. So short story short what can i do to it. Wanting to get at least
325 plus hp.

19,570

Is it a 4cyl or v6? You will have to drop SERIOUS money to get anywhere near that kind of horsepower. I'm going to guess somewhere between $6-10,000. If you plan on driving it every day you're talking about a complete engine and transmission overhaul, plus all of the high performance parts you will need (turbo/intercooler or supercharger, ECM chip, exhaust, axles, motor mounts, larger radiator, bigger injectors, hi perf fuel pump, the list goes on and on). You can't just slap a supercharger or turbo on an old tired engine and transmission. You will have nothing but problems because the original engine and trans will not be able to handle all the extra HP. A supercharged Grand Prix/impala/Monte Carlo aren't even 300 HP.

Oh Ya sorry 6cyl 3.1

19,570

How many miles are on it?

114k

19,570

I answered both of your questions in private email. I hope this all makes sense to you. I just don't want the old bird to turn into a money pit for you. Oh a 98-2002 TransAm, 2000-2005 Bonneville ssei (another factory supercharged carcar with a 3800) would also work well for you

Best Answer

Yes you did and thank you

19,570

Anytime! Us old school Pontiac guys have to stick together, LOL.

Yes sir on that lol