I have a 2007 Dodge Ram pickup. Longhorn edition. Been working great until today. I put the key in the ignition but it won't turn. I tried spare key. Same result. The truck is in park.

Asked by Feb 10, 2015 at 08:25 PM

I have remote start & it starts with
that but the key still will not turn.

6,265

Any chance the steering lock is not disengaging? Did you turn the steering wheel one way or the other when you got out / last time you used it? Try jiggling the steering wheel while turning the key. If that doesn't help, come back here and let us know.

I tried turning the steering wheel but it still acts like it's locked.

6,265

Hmm.. Have you tried flipping the key? Sometimes that works. You might try compressed air / canned air with the key inside the tumblers but idk really what else. Sorry.

I flipped both sets of keys over but no luck.

6,265

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-non-powertrain/435103-please-help-key-wont-turn-ignition.html

I have a 2007 dodge ram and my steering wheel is locked

6,265

Shane did any of the previous posts not help in assessing your locked steering column?

Shucks no sorry

6,265

wish I could help. Keep looking on google and youtube and don't be too specific, look for keywords that net results closer to your year range. And you've tried cranking the steering wheel either way while gently trying the key?