I put in a new alternator, and put everything back right, when i turn the key it stays on for a minute and then shuts off the check engine, oil can lights come on On a kia sorento 2003

Asked by Dec 02, 2014 at 09:10 PM

1,520

Check the fuse you may of blown something while changing the Alternator.

7,250

Check engine is orange it means "potential problem" and it's normal for it to come on then go off. Oil light is red and means "Your going down.. look for a place to land .. quick" Are you certain that you have oil pressure? You can destroy an engine in less than minutes if you lose oil pressure. Your priority is the oil light problem ... then the alternator. Is it possible you disconnected the wire from the oil sending unit while changing the alternator ... and you really don't have an oil pressure problem ... just a bad connection?