Mystery Gear Knob Pattern

10

Asked by Nov 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I recently bought a cool old black gear shift knob at a garage sale.  The gear notations are:  R on the lower left, 1 N 2 (top to bottom) in the center and 3 4 (top to bottom) on the right.  It had a sticker that said 1973 VW but I can't seem to verify that and haven't been able to locate that pattern on any other knob.  I posted this same question on the VW board and have had no answers so I'm assuming that this isn't a VW knob after all.  I'm hoping someone here can help. Does anyone recognize this pattern?  Thanks.

68,275

It did come off of a 1973 vw bug,,here is one to compare,

Best Answer Mark helpful
68,275

Of course,this is a replacement of the original as you have.

10

Thanks. I saw that one but since I didn't see the N (spelled out), I decided that wasn't the one. Thank you very much for taking time to clear that up for me.

68,275

Glad i could help.