Looking at buying a car out of state. That (big) dealer is telling us that I need to go there in person (12 hrs) vs FedEx for docs/wire transfer $ and sending my friend to transport- what's the deal?

Asked by Nov 02, 2014 at 03:22 AM

Any idea why they would need me to go
there in person if all docs are notarized and
my wire transfer is confirmed?  Seems like
they're pouting about not getting the loan or
junk spiffs (warranty/gap/etc) if I don't
come in? annoyed!

33,845

Everyday people buy cars miles away and never step into the dealership. They are trying to get you into the dealership for the hard sell. Tell them that your under quarantine coz you just got back from West Africa.

Make sure the car has been inspected to meet the standards of YOUR State. If by chance you live in Callif, it must have the Calif emissions package, or you won't be able to register it and unless you are getting a really REALLY good warranty, buying a car sight-unseen is a risk