Purchasing a 1960's BMW, Audi, Fiat or Renault classic from oversea at a great price

Asked by Sep 28, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am an American living outside the USA for the next few years.  I have a small hotel, a
home and very much connected here with locals and customs.  
  On occasion I find a classic BMW, Audi (Union), Fiat, and Renault from the 1960's.  In
great condition, often with low mileage.  Comparable models listed for sale in the U.S.,
sell for between $14,900 and $18,000 on average.  I could sell the car at a price on
average of $9,500 to $9,900 including shipping to a major U.S. port.  
  I would appreciate any imput from those of you who purchase cars from a distance and
from overseas.  What can I do on my end to make the process as comfortable as
possible for the buyer?  And, do you think this is a viable business model on a small
scale?  I just truly enjoy these 60's era classics.  Parts are not a problem here.  Thanks
for any suggestions.

I like your idea. There's a 1960 something Mini Cooper on the next island over from me for less than $3000.00. I am to old and lazy to go through the hassle of doing what you are considering. Good luck.