Good Used Car Types

10

Asked by Aug 04, 2014 at 01:09 PM

Coming from someone who is new to buying cars, what are some of the best sedans for long-distance travel as far as fuel efficiency, safety, riding comfort, and cost?
Preferably a newer model car (within the last 10-15 years) that is not difficult to find.

146,195

Toyota CamryLE, or for a bit less money Corolla LE, Honda Accord, Ford Escape, Acura TL, (a high-end Honda) Mazda CX 9, BMW 3 series, and then there is the 300+ HP Camaro. 2010-2012. This could spark quite the debate. But you and I have a difference of definition on "newer model"...10 to 15 years is old IMO, these are all 6-8 years and newer and all under $20k

10

Thanks. I don't mind diversified answers, actually. Hearing why people choose whatever car they think best is quite helpful.

145

I like the VW Diesel Jettas. they can get up to 60 MPG. The newer one's are very comfortable. Used for those is usually over 100k miles. They are still in the $10,000 or more dollar range unless they have >150k miles.