Price Reductions on CPO Cars...

60

Asked by Jul 08, 2014 at 07:46 AM

So how long do dealers wait until they decide to drop the obscenely high prices on their CPO cars that aren't moving...even when their really nice! LOL.

232,505

When someone stops in an makes them an offer and negotiates a lower price. Your just asking about the list price, everything is negotiable.

260

When used cars are not moving at the higher prices for some period of time. Some of the listed used car prices are close to new car prices or even exceed, from my experience. Bill

60

Well...guess walking out paid off. We went to a second dealer on Monday, loved the car, but like the first experience, weren't going to budge so we walked out. A customer service rep called last night asking about our experience Monday night. She asked what was wrong, did we not like the car. I said "NO... we loved the car, but your sales manger would negotiate with us so we left." She was all apologetic and asked if we'd be open to more negotiation. We came to an agreed price on the phone and went last night to pick it up. So glad the process is over. It was thoroughly exhausting and stressful. They made some money and we got a "newer" car at a price we can live with!