Should my 2009 Saturn Aura's engine block have cracked with 98,000 miles on it??

Christopher Horsfield

Asked by Jun 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Cars block cracked , regular oil changes, could it be a lemon??

It's not a lemon with 98,000 miles on it. Usually a cracked block is the result of a cooling system failure. Such as coolant freezing due to lack of antifreeze or pouring cool/ cold coolant into a hot engine. The rapid temperature change causes the block to crack. When coolant freezes it expands. If the freeze plugs are rusty and don't "pop" as they should the block will crack as well. HTH. -Jim