I am looking at buying a 2006 Lincoln navigator with 117k miles on it for about $13k. Is this a wise choice? And are navigators known for having problems with high miles? Any input would help.

Asked by Mar 12, 2014 at 07:29 PM

250,805

Any vehicle with higher mileage will need attention and maintenance. Check out this site, has some info for you...http://www.edmunds.com/lincoln/navigator/2006/#overview-pod- anchor

35

I would look at vehicles under 100,000 miles that are eligible for some type of either extended warranty or dealer backed power train warranty. We offer a lifetime limited power train warranty on vehicles under 100,000 miles.

845

I don't think your issue will be warrenty... as with any used vehcile, it could have issues or may not depending on general care... depending on the state you are in, you may have a lemon law assisting you if you're buying... I'd just take to a mechanic and get it checked out... to me the bigger issue is that from a residual/depreciation point of view, I wouldn't pay 13k... those cars, while similar to an Escalade, depreciate like a stone, so I wouldn't pay more than 11,500 - 12,000... that way you will buy it at the right price and the little extra you saved you can put asside for any maintenance that comes up... but again, have someone you know and trust inspect it first - whether this car or any other used car, no one should have an issue with you having the car checked out - if they do, walk away from the deal!