Truck trailering capacity?

245

Asked by Feb 21, 2014 at 03:10 PM

Who Knows what type of Truck I need to legally pull a trailer weighing 17,500 lbs, receiver style (not a 5th Wheel or Goose neck) in California?  I am trying to purchase a offshore boat that is 107" wide on a 40' trailer. I can't afford both the boat and a new truck, so any suggestions would helpful, Thanks in advance for help that you can give. Rats

9,985

a 2011 or newer chevrolet or GMC duramax diesel dual rear wheels crew cab with the HD trailer tow pkg. would get the job done- in 2011 they beefed up the frame and put on the 2 1/2 inch receiver.