i have 2001town&country i went to start it wont start .lights come on.no power to the starter changed relays still wont turn over the gas light stays on and the tank is empty even though i put 10 gallons in .

Asked by Jan 12, 2014 at 06:32 PM

I have 2001 Town&Country I went out to the store and got back to start the van, turned the key nothing.lights come on dash board the gas light stays on like if the tank was empty added 5 gallons still the same .checked power to the starter with someones help,found no power to the starter.checked the relays ok.check ignition switch ok after i removed it.I need help please.

101,575

A loose or dirty battery connection could cause this type of issue.

17,635

I agree with dandyoun. Make sure battery is fully charged too. On 97 and newer Chryslers it has to see a signal from the ECM/computer to let the engine crank over. Check the easy stuff first - battery,connections,grounds,fuses.If these are ok replace ECM.