What does mean "ZIP" ?

10

Asked by Dec 08, 2013 at 12:26 PM

While writing the specification of the car I need, I'm invited to give my "ZIP". As I don't know it, I can't continue the specification. Would you like to avoid abreviations, please?

101,385

That is for your mailing zip code.

56,575

In the United States we have zip codes. The zip code tells the post office what city and state a letter or package is going to. HTH. -Jim

10

Thanks a lot! So how can the USA ZIP code be helpfull for non american people, for instance me, I'm a congolese.

56,575

You're welcome. United States zip codes start with the low numbers on the east coast. For example 08016 is in New Jersey. The farther west you go the higher the five digit number (67748 is in Kansas and 90210 is in California). It may help a non United States resident when thinking about shipping a vehicle. The longer the shipping distance the more the shipping cost. HTH. -Jim

3,555

also, some states in the U.S. have different emissions requirements, which may affect vehicles coming from other states.