I was driving my mercury grand marquis and it stoped in traffic I tried to crank it but now it just drags can anybody help

Asked by Dec 07, 2013 at 12:32 AM

....yes, if your battery is older than five years old, the available amperage will be reduced, as batteries WILL stop taking a charge 10 percent per year...these new ones are not made from lead anymore and last about five years~ get a NEW battery~

if you already have a NEW battery would suggest you find the black cable, follow the end of the 1/0 cable to where it attaches to the chassis/fender/ground and take the bolt off and wirebrush the lug and the chassis till shiny and happy with passing 300 cold cranking amps thru it yet is comfortable with steady 12.5 volts~