I own a 2004 mercury mountaineer and have had weird symptoms like... cruse control shutting off the vehicle while driving, auto locks going haywire and the battery constantly draining. I have had the battery and alternator tested and both are good according to auto zone. there is also a need to replace the mass airflow sensor but I do not think this is the cause of the previous symptoms because they were apparent before the check engine light came on. I believe it is related to the remote start / alarm that is an aftermarket install (ford model). because someone installed it hanging beside the break pedal it has been abused and a few wires are exposed. do you think this could be the culprit and how can I remove the system w/o damaging anything else?

Asked by Dec 02, 2013 at 03:45 PM

please see details in question box, this is the first time I have used this site, thanks!

I don't know if you figured out your problem but I've had some strange electrical problems as well including vehicle shutting down while in cruise so I don't think it would be your remote starter as I don't have one in mine.