how can I sup up a cavalier for cheap

15

Asked by Oct 25, 2013 at 09:21 PM

by "sup up" do mean make it run correctly? Please do not stray from the geometry noted on the door jamb sticker...the car was not designed for anything else~ you can get air shocks to bring up the height a couple of inches...if you have to~

there are kits....none is CHEAP tho~

24,095

Judge...I think he actually means "soup up" his Cavalier to make it perform better. Not sure what year it is, but there are performance chips, air intake, exhaust upgrades available to squeak out a bit more power...Any real power gains won't come cheap though. Check out this site, dedicated to the Cavalier: http://www.chevycavalierworld.com/cavalier-performance-parts.php

Best Answer
1,435

Always think "more air in" & "more exhaust out". There are many K & N tube type intakes you can add on, and many exhaust systems too like Flow-Master. Some good spark plugs & 91-93 octane gas is a must. Oh, & nothing is cheap! Jim K.

655

To be honest, putting a boat load of money into a Cavalier makes no sense to me, but tweaking can bring a difference and a smile. A K&N cold air tube filter is a must. A brand name like flow master for the exhaust, Direct Tire is a great place to go as they won't talk you unto anything you don't need like low profile air fresheners. Again it won't be cheap. Also avoid those coffee can add on exhaust pipes. They look stupid, and sound dumber. They are cheap though. The choice is your. Good luck

cooper S? these things have blowers on them already~

1,435

The 02' to 06's Mini's have superchargers 'blower's" but the demand couldn't keep up & BMW/Mini switched over to exhaust driven turbochargers 07' & on. Photo is my special "John Cooper Works Mini-S" 250hp. I modified it & tweaked it some. I build & customize high-perf cars for many years now, as I am an old guy. Now I have a Fiat turbo Abarth. Jim K.

1,435

Tweaked 1.4 lt Fiat turbo to 180+hp w/ Sila K & N intake.