How do I disable the parking brake on my 2000 Chevy blazer? The release cable came out with the handle and now my truck is undrivable. Please help! Thanks, Angelina

Asked by Oct 02, 2013 at 03:16 PM

100,235

You will have to slide up under the dash on the park brake assembly you will see a little metal tab with a small notched piece in it, there may still be a piece of the old cable still attached, you will have to try to pull that lever out the same way as the cable would, just make sure you are away from the pedal when it releases as it pack quite a punch. The release cable should be available through a parts store so you won't have to go to a dealer.

Try putting the handle back in and reattach it, that worked for me in the past.