Is there a way to get the power door locks to unlock automatically? Without having to push the unlock button every time when exiting?

Asked by Sep 28, 2013 at 09:53 AM

When putting my 93 olds ciera in gear the doors automatically lock. But when putting back in park or engine shut off they remain locked and must be opened by pushing the power lock button to unlock the doors. Is there a way to get them to auto unlock?

I have a 1993 Buick Regal Limited 2 dr Coupe that does the same. There is no way to unlock the doors unless you push the unlock button. It was designed as a safety feature. If you need to once in motion and they lock you can unlock them and they will not relock unless you put your car in park and/or get home and shut the key off will lock next time you leave again.

Best Answer

Thankyou. That's what I found out so far. guess it's something to have to live with.