Odd damage pattern after alleged rear ending.

95

Asked by Sep 09, 2013 at 11:50 AM

My wife was in an accident in our Prius last week.  She doesn't know how it happened,
one second driving down the road, next second bang!  The other driver says she was
stopped to make a left turn, and that my wife rear-ended her.  My wife has just  blocked
whatever happened out entirely.  Our car is crunched on the right front quarter panel, no
impact damage to the center or left of the front. I looks not so much like head on, as on
an oblique angle, almost from the side.  The cars ended up driver side to driver side,
pointing in opposite directions - with my wife's car pointing in the direction she was
driving.  The other car had almost no damage. How do you rear end someone, mash the
right front side of your car, and end up driver side to driver side?

Skid marks will tell the story..a good investigator /accident re construction will speak volumes. And The Prius has a data recorder..how much throttle, speed, brake applied if any, and more. It runs in a 30 second loop and stops and saves data at the instant of a collision