How do I inquire about a car that showed "Expired" on my saved search?

Asked by Aug 21, 2013 at 08:04 AM

Of course, the car I was really interested in showed "Expired" this morning. Does that mean it was sold? How do I get in touch with the dealer, if it wasn't?  And any tips on negotiating? The car has been on the lot for awhile, but this is my first time at this, and am nervous!

95

It usually means it is sold. If you know what dealer it is, Google their name and you should be able to find a number to call them and look at their inventory as well.

69,485

A vehicle history report is an excellent weapon when negotiating! It will tell you how long the vehicle has been on the lot, any accidents, or if it's been a rental vehicle. If the vehicle is far away or you're not vehicle savy hire a company to inspect it. I've used inspection companies & it's worth the (typically) $150.00! Bring any flaws, no matter how minor, to light. Then low ball them and listen to the counter offer. If you're happy with that price. Say ok but make them fix, if applicable, one major flaw, or a few minor flaws. Make it clear you're not buying it until it's fixed to your satisfaction. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful