Does a 2008 Hyundai Azera have a timing belt or chain? How often should it last?

Asked by Aug 08, 2013 at 11:48 AM

7,285

I have found listings for "Timing Chains" for all three engines but no listing for anything "belt" wise but a tensioner. That would leave me to believe you have a chain and it costs about $35 plus tax. Remember to change the timing cover gaskets as well. As for how often it should be changed, I would either consult my Owners Manual, look up an Owners Manual online, or call a dealer to find out when they change them during "scheduled maintenance". Timing for small engines like this is something you want to get "extremely correct" due to the space between pistons and valves during their 4-5000RPM operating speeds, so make sure you are up to the task before ripping it open yourself.

Best Answer Mark helpful