customizing my resinator

35

Asked by Jul 27, 2013 at 04:42 PM

i was thinking about playing around with my resinator on my exaust to get a nice loud but clean sound what would be some good tips or cons of doing this?

35

*resonator

Yes reson-ator like resounding not resin like this lamp parts pipe is clogged with resin...first off WHY would you want to do this? to piss off your neighbors (me)....change it out with a glass pack (thrush) local laws permitting~

25,825

EXACTLY what kind of car are we talking about here anyway? And Yes, there are local laws that are designed to prohibit exhaust notes beyond a certain decibel...some of the pinheads in my area with heavily modded Honda Civics couldn't give a damn about that though...Ugh!

35

Its a ford probe and im tired of people saying its underpowered so i want it to have a sound that tells eveyone down the road its got power

the FORD probe has accomplished it's mission of getting you from point a-to b, So it's not a devil-rocket sled that will grind to the same red light as you...it is a modest car...will not attract the cops and if driven sanely will last ya~...as the appointed ford probe expert No.1 honestly have nothing bad to say about them...as a mechanic they needed brakes and coolant flush just like the rest...but what do you expect? your reliable ride will not stay reliable very long unless you maintain it~

25,825

Assuming this is the 4 cylinder Probe SE and not the 6 cylinder Probe GT. Personally, I'm not impressed with the pinheads with those Honda Civics with coffee can exhausts that are loud as hell and are "supposed" to impress us and make us think they've got a fast ride :::YAWN::: Why not try something else to actually make it go faster? Have you checked into what aftermarket mods are available i.e. supercharger, turbo? I DO remember test driving a '95 Ford Probe GT years ago..I think it was 164 HP and didn't feel that fast to me, so I kinda get where you're coming from.

Yeah, how about a tune-up...cleaning your windows so you can see properly...new windshield wipers~ these things will make your car happy~

25,825

LOL @ Judge...I've been trying to convince a female co-worker with a Mazda 3 for MONTHS to get new wiper blades as she squints and holds her face real close to the windshield during a rainstorm...Hell..even told her Pep Boys will install them for FREE every time you buy them there. Somehow I think our OP is looking to do more than this, but YES, a tune-up will certainly help, if you haven't had one done on the Probe recently!

there is a product called rain-x (http://www.rainx.com/) which is anerobic...just takes a few minutes as you've got to make quarter sized circles...then water just pushed aside...like oil on water~...this stuff is amazing and really did not have a use for windshield wipers anymore...check it out~

tell 'er about it...if not "GIFT" her a bottle...if you need a special new friend and level of respect (comes in handy with co-workers)~ http://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-800002243-Glass- Treatment/dp/B0000AXNMO/ref=sr_1_1? s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1375029124&sr=1-1&keywords=rain-x

like four bucks + shipping...not even the cost of an airport coffee (my gauge of write-off expenses)~