life of a honda odessy?

Asked by Jul 19, 2013 at 09:44 PM

what is the typical 'life expectancy'  of a honda odyssey mini van? i'm looking at a 2002
with 76,000 miles that has always been serviced at the dealer's. with a new battery and no
major issues historically, how long should I think the van will last?

77,725

Maintenance is the key to how long it will live. 76k is not that many miles for an 02 so if it has been taken care of and you do the same I have seen these go an easy 300k without any major powertrain problems, but they do require a good maintenance pattern, no fudging, the only real problems seem to be cooling troubles at higher mileages, radiators, water pumps, tubing and hoses. Hope I gave you some information you were looking for. If it is as good as you seem to believe then I'd buy it if the price is a fair deal.

15

Know it's an old question but... I have a 2004 with 178K that runs great. Not part of that major trans recall..Thank Heaven! Replace a few ign coils, 3 sets of tires and i drain and fill trans(with Honda ATF) three times per year and oil changes every 2K and I am happy with it! Only issue is left side sliding door stuck......but use fuse box clock removal trick and it works! You remove fuse that runs clock and viola door closes and opens like new. I have to do this maybe every two or three weeks.