what are some of the cheapest hybrid sedans

Asked by Jul 08, 2013 at 10:26 PM

a used Toyota Prius has an excellent reputation and 50 mpg~

my wife's 2007 Prius has 130,000 miles on it and just now the battery is starting to show some wear~

365

Most Hybrids needs a new battery right at about 120K miles. And the batteries runs anywhere from $3500~$4500 to replace and install, I have a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe 4 door Hybrid with leather, heated seats, sunroof, CD changers with NEW BATTERY replaced, Very CLEAN!!! well maintained, and it's for sale. $8900 + tax. you're welcome to call me at 770-366-4224. Mansoor. thank you.

365

Here is a picture of the vehicle

Because they are trouble, Toyota is going to replace it for free~

365

I don't think so.... my friend has a 2006 Prius that the battery died right at 100K miles.... Toyota wanted $3600 for the battery + labor , after he whine and bitch with the HQ in CA, going thru tons of red tapes after 1 month, they finally give up and drop the Labor cost, but he still has to pay for the Cost of the Battery $1500.

365

I've done some research myself too when the battery in my Accord Hybrid died,.... for ALL hybrids... Toyota or no Toyota...it's not a defect, it's just that the typical life span of the battery is right between 100K ~ 120K miles, depending on usage habit. whether you like it or not, this is one of the biggest replacement cost for hybrid cars. So... when you are shopping or a USED hybrid, look for the ones that the battery has already been replace.

365

there are cheaper ways to do this, but it's time and effort consuming.... there are some equipment (cost about $450 ~ $600) you can purchase to RECHARGE the battery ( which takes about 2 weeks for that process) and then you detect and find which cell is bad, and simply just replace that particular bad cell... which is about $150 per cell, and not to mention the possibility of getting electrocuted if you're not careful ^-^.

just as long as the modus operandi isn't to have to carry a fire extinguisher with you as your "little buddy" anytime you use the car~

....all the money that you could have given to the petrochemical concern is now going to the electrochemical concern...I'll take the Emerson~

Well there goes the xmas money...all for a battery...yay.~