can you hollow out a catlayc converter on a 2000 hyandai elantra and still run right?

Asked by Jun 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Question type: Car Customization

3 Answers

Yes you can however is illegal in most states and will make the car where you CANNOT get smog,deq,inspection. Depending on your state can get you a fine and or jail time. Ebay is your best bet for a new one.


You may also get a check engine light for downstream O2 sensor.


just take the converter off, get a bypass pipe, and sell the expensive little metals inside it at a salvage yard- win, win! (you didn't hear this from me)

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search Car Customization Questions

UK Questions

Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.

Car Customization Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 4,940
#2 FordNut
Reputation 4,880
#3 dandyoun
Reputation 3,160
View All