I have a 1988 jeep that I need a tire for. My family has a parked 1995 mecury cougar xr7. The jeep has 215/70r15 98s tires and the cougar has 215/70r15 97s tires. from my knowledge 98s and 97s is the speed and weight you can carry? I was wondering if I switched one of the cougar tires over to my jeep for the time being if it would be fine to drive for a while?

5

Asked by May 31, 2013 at 03:15 PM

Instead of me just telling you it will be fine and safe, you should probably decide that for yourself by checking out a tire sidewall code explanation. There are dozens of them available, but this one is the best in my opinion, explains it in terms the layman like myself can understand: http://www.edmunds.com/how-to/how-to-read-your-tire.html Now with that being said I think you will be just fine.