I have a 2001 Ford Windstar. I drove it to work one night and towards the end of my drive, the O/D Off light began flashing. In the morning when I wanted to leave, the car wouldn't drive. I checked the trans fluid and it was low, so I added some. Still, no luck. I put it in reverse and it barely moves.

Asked by May 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

28,495

the transmission is probably burnt up now.

I figured the outlook would be grim. There didn't seem to be any indication of trouble....no smoke, no noises, no leakage. I did a little research, and the TCM (something or other) kept coming up. Could this be an option to explore, or should I just figure the tranny's done for?

28,495

Doubtful that its the tcm. You could always get a scanner and check for codes within the tcm. If the scanner communicates with the module and doesnt have a dtc for internal module failure then its not the issue here. the fluid level being low probably did it in.

I figured as much. I thank you for your input!!