Am looking to buy a 2000 or 2002 Ford Explorer (V-8 or V-6)

Asked by May 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I was told there is a certain size or type of engine that does not last as long as some other Ford engines. Does anyone know what engine I need to stay away from?

237,715

I didn't hear that. Either one will be fine, the V8 will be more powerful but worse gas mileage. Depends on what you want to do with the vehicle.

Best Answer
27,245

I dunno tom the 4.0 is a hog when it comes to fuel too haha.

Thank you! I would mostly drive it close to home, but once in awhile, I would go to Greenville or Fort Worth.

237,715

Kbro, you are right, I was hoping for some reason to possibly purchase the V6, I always opt for the larger engine myself.

Really! If you need to get out of someone else's way in a hurry, get a V-8! I will see what is for sale in my area and go from there.