Am looking to buy a 2000 or 2002 Ford Explorer (V-8 or V-6)

Asked by May 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I was told there is a certain size or type of engine that does not last as long as some other Ford engines. Does anyone know what engine I need to stay away from?

264,445

I didn't hear that. Either one will be fine, the V8 will be more powerful but worse gas mileage. Depends on what you want to do with the vehicle.

Best Answer Mark helpful
28,965

I dunno tom the 4.0 is a hog when it comes to fuel too haha.

Thank you! I would mostly drive it close to home, but once in awhile, I would go to Greenville or Fort Worth.

264,445

Kbro, you are right, I was hoping for some reason to possibly purchase the V6, I always opt for the larger engine myself.

Really! If you need to get out of someone else's way in a hurry, get a V-8! I will see what is for sale in my area and go from there.