Why would my 2001 Ford Focus stall when stopped at a red light or parked

80

Asked by May 05, 2013 at 09:35 PM

Just got the fuel system cleaned
about two weeks ago

25,495

You got a check engine light on? If not have you had the computer scanned for trouble codes? You could have a vacuum leak. Could have a problem with egr. Could be idle air control valve. The list goes on.

Best Answer
80

I was thinking that. But I haven't had the car scanned to see what codes popped up

25,495

Will it stay running if you press the gas down but stall if not?

Best Answer
80

Yea it'll stay running if you press the gas and wants to stall if not

25,495

Probably a vacuum or the IAC still could be egr. But the other two are way more common. Check all the rubber hoses. You can use a spray such as brake clean when checking for a vacuum leak. Start spraying all the hoses down and if the engine revs up thats where the leak is

80

Thanks ill have to try that tomorrow

25,495

No problem. Let me know how it goes. And as always its much appreciated if marked helpful.

80

I'll do that just forgot

80

So come to find out I have a hose that keeps coming out of were the air filter is located. Would that cause. It to stall

25,495

If that hose is behind the mass air flow sensor then yes. Un metered air coming in would cause it to stall

80

Yea I think it was. Then there's a hose coming from the bottom of the box where the air filter sits in and the hose goes across the top back of the motor and plugs in to the side of the motor where the belts are. Both hoses cost me about 80 dollars

it spells out when you go to drive it 2001 Ford Taurus ses