saturn aura 2009 code p0449

20

Asked by Apr 24, 2013 at 09:52 PM

my engine lite stays on after resetting code 5 times. note: gas tank was low & gas cap was loose. p0449=Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit.
please, help if you can thanks RRR

get a new gas cap that seals tight, and do not overfill the tank, cannot stress how this screws up the evaporative system by choking off the charcoal making it difficult to breathe. STOP at the first click and fill no more. This is a tough habit to break yourself of, and if poor are always looking to round up to the nearest~....please stop doing this and your problems will go away~

20

thanks I'll try it

if you put gas in car while it is running it will also set emission code, make sure you turn engine off before you fill up, that is one possible, also if you have been topping off gas tank you could have flooded the charcoal filter canister in the engine bay.