2002 Dodge Dakota cruise buttons on steering wheel cruise does not work where should I look cruise light in dash will come on only.

Barry Costilow

Asked by Apr 17, 2013 at 04:30 AM

Because of the fact that the controls that are not working are in the steering wheel, everywhere I looked for information on this had the same warning, and I agree: do not attempt to take the control assembly out. You might deploy the air bag that is in the steering wheel. Several people have been injured while working on cruise control buttons on the Duragos. Take a look at your fuses, but if all fuses are good it is not a DIY. Except fuses and linkage. Look under the hood and make sure the cruise control linkage is not broken or fallen off the throttle.

Trying to find a picture of the linkage, it's hard to see in this, but click on it to enlarge