ok..ive never done this before...head gasket on a 3.8 liter 2003 bonneville..gonna do block test tomorrow to confirm..can the average guy change one?...also do any of those sealants in a bottle ever work?

Asked by Feb 25, 2013 at 08:10 PM

90,055

Head gasket in a bottle is not a long term solution. Search forums, videos and buy a repair manual to see what is involved.

how long will it work for?

takes a bit of muscle...you may want a mechanic to do this.

NO they don't.

i have plenty of strength...so if engine block test cofirms leak....the last i checked it appeared to be firewall side....sideways mounted engine...can you get to it without pulling engine? its the tappet cover right...or is it in the middle on that.

can anyone reccomend a video of this particular motor and model of this car if possible..i cant find any on 3.8.

may be a little heavy, and greasy...don't drop it! Clean the surfaces and remove carbon with a small wirebrush.

should be able to forensically tell where she blew---thar she blew---on a trip to LA saw the head of tne isuzu impulse sweating out gasket, and to my surprise, the headbolts WERE loose, fancy that 350 miles from home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2aUsbEgMek this guy explains takin' it apart numbering the lifter locations and removing various components-....only a small fraction of the job, will keep searching for something a little closer to the task at hand.

Best Answer