2000 Pontiac Firebird A/C, Heater, and Defroster Not Working

5

Asked by Jan 04, 2013 at 03:36 AM

Hey,

My 2000 Pontiac Firebird is having some issues with the AC, Heater, and defroster. Sometimes it will stay on for 5 minutes and then slowly shut off. The defroster doesn't work at all but the Air Conditioning and heater are trying to work but struggle to stay on. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Jared

99,255

I had a similar problem with a '96 Olds. GM brings the bundle of wires to the fire wall and used a connector to bring the power into the cabin. The connector was located on the drivers side at the fire wall in my case. The problem was a bad electrical connection in the wire harness. The center connections sent power to several circuits and the female portion of mine had weakened from heat. If I tried to defrost the rear window, I would lose the defrost, radio and blower motor when the connector heated up. I ended up drilling the connector out and running a piece of wire through the hole. I spliced into the OEM wires on both sides.

Best Answer