I noticed something on a few of the cars listed. The price is at the top and Car Gurus list them as great deals but under additional details the dealer has that the above price is the financed price after a $2995 down payment, the $2995 putting the price up to about the street price. So what is the true price of the car, the price listed at the top or that price plus $2995

Asked by Jun 11, 2012 at 07:34 PM

210,005

The true price is the price you are willing or pay the dealer for the car. They add that down payment to get their ad at the top, so you see it. Go in and think your getting a great deal. So do your research, I suspect you already have since your questioning the pricing. I avoid places like you mentioned for that fact, if they are sneaky now, how fair are they in the showroom?

IOW, their true asking price is what is at the top plus the down payment. Figured and yes I was planning to avoid such dealers but just wanted to confirmmy suspicions. Know the price of the car is wat I'm willing to pay but just wanted to know what the starting point of the discussions would be, the price in the bold print or $2995 higher. The second ain't worth discussing. Thank You