Why are car prices in Australia so greater than the equivolent vehicle price overseas?? In Real Terms!

135

Asked by Jul 12, 2011 at 01:40 AM

I am on holidays over in the USA.. my Prius i-Tech is $50 k new in Australia and the same car in the USA is
$ 25 k !! ??? How does that work???

Who in government is ripping the Australian Consumer ??
I have done a few other comparisons and the tale is constant.. eg: Lexus RX 350 in Australia = $85k base
In USA = $ 35k base.. Those figures are amazing!!!
I also ride bikes and currently ride a BMW R 1200 C Cruiser.. I want to upgrade the the new
BMW K 1600 GTL.. Price in Australia $39k Price in USA $25 k..

We are being taken for a ride by the Australian Dealers and the Australian Government.

They cant have it both ways.. If we are members of a world economy.. Then how is it that Australians Pay
Through The Nose for what the rest of the world pays barely more than 1/2 or 2/3 rds of our retail prices..

Any Comments???
Bob Rona
Sydney Australia

well you got to concider the down under shipping for 1 thing.cost of fuel for the ship,shipping paperwork ect.one thing about it your goverment is screwing you,not ours,they to busy screwing us.

135

Pure and simple.. Its the Geeatest Rip Off on the Australian people.. It must cost the same or less to ship a car to the USA rather than Australia.. I cant find one shred of evidence to support the massibly inflated proces being asked of the Australian Consumer... Somebody has to stand up and speak on our behalf!! Bob Rona