95 honda accord or 00 Mazda protege

Asked by Jan 06, 2010 at 07:28 PM

Hey,

I need opinion.

1995 honda accord ($3700)/ 95K miles/ 30 day warranty/ rpms seemed a little off?  When i drove it it seemed to take a while to shift (it's an automatic). The RPM went up to 5 and stood there for a while then finally went down.

2000 mazda protege ($4100) 6 month warranty (third party)/ engine looked off color silver/
beautiful car/ When i shifted gears i heard a little metal sound, but it was really really cold outside. Drove nicely.

What would you guys do? I'm thinking Mazda because i felt comfortable in it and i want to take longer trips.

But, Hondas are really reliable. The guy lives far from me so it would suck if i had to take the car to him.

105

i bought a 1993 accord lx when it had 200k miles on it, i drove it for a little over 2 years and traded it in with 241k miles and recieved $1200 it ran greant and looked great for being that old with that many miles on it. I definately recomend the Accord especially one that only has 95k miles on it. good luck to you on your purchase

120

Sounds like it's might be a tranmission mount on the Mazda , not a hard fix at all . Sounds a little better with a 6 month warranty ,true Honda's are a good car and will out last a Mazda but protect your dollar, I would have your mechanic check out both cars anyone selling a car with nothing to hide shouldn't have a problem with this.