wats a beter truck ford o chevy

Asked by Oct 05, 2009 at 05:54 PM

25

Dodge

35

MOPAR OR NO CAR try a jeep

ya right

7,275

cummins diesel is the best and the new hemi is the best truck. changes every year nearly

605

FORD! best towing, and the engine has SOHC over both cylinder banks

thats right

3,125

cant beat a cummins diesel but the chevy has the strongest trans out of all of them its an allison. Ford is ugly and the performance and reliablility isnt up to chevy or dodge. It also depends on what model and engine you are comparing for diesel it would def be the cummins but for gas its anyones opinion really i like the hemi its pretty bullet proof

3,125

oh and also dodge does have a lot of flaws lol you have to replace the axle u joints as well as the drive shaft ujoints but its actually cheaper to buy the whole shaft. Their balljoints go like crazy for the upper and lower and the shocks are extremely weak in the new models. Chevy also has a lot suspension issues such as sway bar links and bushings balljoints but they also have really bad fuel and brake line problems in all there models not just trucks and usually it cost up to 1000 to replace them. Ford just a whole different story they are nice for the first 60k but after that they get soft they rust out easy and the engines arent really to reliable.

3,125

the new jeeps are garbage i hope you mean before the year 2000

so what exactly is wrong with the powerstroke???? i have a first gen powerstroke and never had to walk to where i was going. never let me down. i get good mpg. how isnt it as reliable as a cummins or duramax? i have seen more problems with the cummins than the powerstroke also. im sold on the powerstroke to me there is no better diesel in a pickup truck!!!

605

yup i've driven a powerstroke with 405000 kms on it and it was still as strong as the day it rolled off the line, just an absolute beast, it was also stickshift which was even more fun.

605

ya shitty chevy suspension my uncle put 1050lbs of flooring material in the back of his truck then added a trailer that had 500lbs on the tonge (1550 lbs total on the back spirngs) and the stupid thing was squatting like a dirty lowrider.

7,275

the powerjoke is a very reliable engine. fords original diesels were garbage but the powerstroke is fine. and youre lying about more problems with cummins or you arent around any diesels. its well known by everybody that the cummins is the best diesel engine available in a truck. its other things with the dodge truck that were problems in the past.

chevy the best

175

chevy is the best if you are looking for a truck that wont last for over 2 years. Other than that, get a ford or a dodge, hell even shoot for a tundra, regardless, all 3 are more kick ass than a chevy.

you got a good point there. i had a s-10 and went throw $120 in door handles alone. i had to do an old jeep trick on hills. it was underpowered, so i junked the rusty poc and got a dakota. this dodge flys for a v6. my brother has a ranger. its a good truck, but he's thinking about sellin it.

through - throw correction to my last post