Should the 2009 Challenger SRT8 be compared to a 2010 Camaro SS

125

Asked by Jul 08, 2009 at 07:24 PM

25

totaly, and wow, ur the kid who's cryin how the challenger's interior is "better quality...." in my opinion, the two cars are pretty well matched... i prefer the camaro, but i love the challenger too...

7,275

sure. but just remember it costs $10k more and gets slightly less performance.

125

I have my opinion and I actually went to the unveiling have you guys even seen one in real life or are you going of the pictures and the challenger has just as much performance if not more than a camaro

7,275

I've actually drove both now. This whole debate started so I went an test drove tem both. And the srt makes the same hp and has worse handling than the ss. It's braking is also terrible in comparison. check the slalom numbers and skid pad numbers along with braking distances. camaro wins with ease. and the highest quarter mile ive seen the SRT at is 13.0 according to you. fastest ive seen the SS at was 12.9 from motortrend. i havent looked much because its typically understood the SRT is a 13.3 and the SS is 13.0. those are the typical accepted numbers from them

yeah buddy we all have our own opinions, personally i think the challenger is straight up bitchin. the camaro is decent, but id still much rather have a challenger. and for you guys whining about performance from an srt-8 6.1 hemi, the camaro is lighter making the challenger that .2 or .3 second slower in the quarter mile, but if you lighten the challenger and supercharge it your guaranteed to kick a camaros ass no problem. The hemi powerplant is capable of a ton of hp. and right now, there is little performance parts available for a new camaro because it was just released. the challenger has been out for 2 years now, it took dodge one year to go from a concept drawing design to a carbon fiber car to an all out assembly line built car. congrats to dodge for doing that in such a little amount of time. this is my opinion and it will never change, mopar for life.

7,275

In order to lighten the car you're goingto spend more money. And addig a supercharger is going to add even mote money. The srt is already $10k more than the ss and you want to shove more money into it to beat it? Lol ok. Put the same amount of cash into the camaro and it's easily the best American muscle car available. People can like what they want but facts are facts and the fact is that the camaro is a better performer for less money.