BMW 335i vs C6 Corvette

5

Asked by Jun 11, 2009 at 09:31 PM

which one to get? Sold my car, driving a beater now. Leaning towards C6, it's powerfull, potential is crazy, it's quite classy, interior is great improvement over C5. Doesn't seem to have that many issues.
Cars will be exploited as DD in Brooklyn (NY).

on the other hand is 335, seems like a great car. TT is tunable (althogh not as much as i expected). Interior is pretty good. Only issue is getting the right car (6spd, sport package, 07 with oil cooler etc).

Good about corvette is that all the parts are interchangable. If i were to get one without stock navy, i can put it in at any time. If it's without HUD, i can install it later. Z51 can be matched (if it was without it). With BMW, you can't put a navi in unless it came with one. Getting it without sport package, ehh... long list of things to be done (speed limitter, oil cooler, suspension etc)....
Looking for used, bmw is cheaper... but vette is a classic...  bmw is cool in a sense that you can modify extirior extensivly and tastefully...

help...

25

I don't think there is any contest....the BMW is the only way to go.....but maybe thats because I drive one, a 335i and it is by far the best car i have ever owned! On the open road it drives like a dream.....so go for the Beamer!

7,345

well the question here is what type of car do you want? do you want a sport car with a slightly weak interior or a car thats more luxurious with a great interior? the vette has massive potential to be as fast as you can dream with small amounts of cash in comparison to upgrading the bmw. you might also want to check out maintenance costs. that might help you make a decision. i say get a Z06 vette because there are a lot of base model vettes out there or get the 335 with the sport mackage. but i always have to have the best model of the car i drive haha. you might not be like me in that aspect. vette poor interior fast great outside styling tons of potential cheaper maintenance costs bmw amazing interior quick good styling expensive maintenance thats just how i classify it though. others say differently im sure

65

The C6 will definitely be faster, until/if you do work to it.. The 335i however is really easy to mod so no worries. I went through this same thought process about a year ago.. I went with the 335i Coupe, I love it, it really is the better choice. Plus, it's German, the C6 is a Chevrolet, it just doesn't have the same prestige.