im deciding on a new car

15

Asked by Jan 24, 2009 at 02:14 PM

Whats better a Dodge or a Ford?

2,985

brand new or new to you? lol if it was brand new i would go with ford they have a lot better quality vehicles then dodge. stay away from the caliber, and avenger they always have problems with them

985

Definetally Ford 1. Better quality products 2. Has much better finantial status (they are not as likely to go bankrupt in the coming months.) The lineup of ford products is better made, more reliable, and have more innovation in their construction. Cheers...

85

Definitly a Dodge. Fords break down way to often. My mom owns a Ford and we are always having to replace the alternater. Plus none of Ford's parts are made in America. All they're parts are made overseas where as for Dodge all the parts are made in America. My Friends mother owns an 05 Dodge Ram and she bought it used and hasn't had any problems since she bought it. So if it were me I'd buy a Dodge no questions asked.

45

Chevy

7,545

Generally I say every brand has it's pros and cons but at this time I would suggest the Ford hands down. Chrysler is a dieing company. Do you remember how freaked people were about buying and Oldsmobile when GM said they were cutting that line, afraid there wouldn't be parts or anyone to cover warranty issues? Think of it that way, but instead the whole company is on teh verge of disappearing instead of one branch. I find it odd you are looking at just the brands and not the products though, what kind of car are you actually looking for?

855

Devin man... Since when are Canada and Mexico overseas? My ford is 20 years old and still running the original alternator.. Maybe your problem is somewhere ELSE in the system?

2,050

Some of the advise offered is good, some of it is just dumb based upon ones opinion. Before you consider any advise from this thread, you should research the person giving it. Look at what they're driving and their age. In many cases they're teenagers and either have a jacked up vehicle or not one at all. You'd fare better by doing your own research through consumer reports. Narrow it down to a couple of specific models you're interested in first. Then, research their reliability and resale values. Then you know you've made an intelligent decision. Having said that, my opinion is that Ford makes a better vehicle than Dodge currently.

7,545

LOL... are you poking fun at me and my Axiom/914 or the guy who likes his Chevette?

2,050

Actually neither! When I was stationed in N.Y. I had a Chevette as my Army vehicle for several months. It was a five speed and fun to drive! I just wanted to say hello to Michaella...WOW!

985

are you trying to say that i said ford because i own a mustang... lol haha... sure thats part of it but really i just wouldnt buy from dodge because if any of the big three are gonna kick the bucket they are first in line... and i really dont think id find anything in dodges lineup that i prefer over the ford equivelant... i mean yeah the challenger is sweet but likely Michaella isnt looking at a challenger... or a viper but ford really doesnt have a answer to that..

2,050

Alex..I hope you don't have a heart attack when you read this. One of the best and most fun cars I've ever owned was a FORD! Yes Alex; a Ford. I ordered a new 1990 Taurus SHO through Ford Diplomatic Sales when I was in Germany on my last tour and took delivery at Koons Ford in Falls Church, VA. It was a true sleeper and I actually outran the Oklahoma State Patrol with it one day. (CAUTION: I do not endorse running from COPS! On that occasion, the odds favored me so I did it!..and, it was fun!) I hated to see Ford stop producing them.

855

Agreed Logan! That style of SHO Taurus is a beautiful car! I hope I can get my hands on one one day. There's a contractor who comes by my office from time to time who's got one. White, Clean as can be. the thing is amazing to look at. Hope I get to drive one someday.

6,675

what car is specifically? certain cars are better than others from certain companies. example...pontiac gto is an awesome car with few problems but a pontiac grand am is a terrible car. i cant say a lot about ford cars but i know their trucks are amazing. higher quality dodge/chrysler are like rocks also. all depends what the car is. every brand has its junk car

985

i figured it was a ford lol there great cars... and the SHO tarus is pretty cool i have a friend with one but its not as well maintained as it should be... there pretty cool cars for sure... i liked anything SVT had a hand with though... and yeah running from the cops logan tisk tisk ive never done that *shifty eyes* EVER! tee hee... last night... haha...