Torque

15

Asked by Nov 19, 2008 at 12:29 AM

What was the only car mass produced by a North American car manufacture, that could lift its front wheels in stock form in 1968

315

Plymoth Hemi Cuda?

15

Good try. It was not the Hemi Cuda

3,315

S/S Hemi Dart

15

Sorry. No it wasn't the Hemi Dart

315

Challenger or Charger R/T?

15

Lots of ponys but to heavy to big of a wheel base. No sorry.....would you like a hint?

315

lol yes please this is going to bug me if i cant figure it out.

105

Hemi under glass 'Cuda. Oh wait, mass produced car? Well that's out.

265

I don't have a clue on this one if it's not a car with the Hemi; nothing in the 60's could come close to the 426. Unless maybe it was one of those LS6 454 Chevelles??? S.S.S.

15

A french company partnered with them in the eightys, then purchased them, then sold them to Dodges parent company.

15

One must remember torque and horsepower need to balanced with size of the car. Power to weight ratio. Cars that you are thinking about are large and heavy.

315

i thnk i got it this time oh lol. the AMC AMX shorter then a javalin and light. crossing my fingers.

15

Yes Josh you got it, this time. Lol :) With the 390cid (which was a small block) and the optional cross ram manifold the 1968 AMC AMX could lift its wheels right off the dealer showroom floor. Next question.....what late1980's early 90's car was suppose to be the great, great, great grandson to the AMX

315

oh wow lol... this ones going to be tough...

15

While I'm waiting for the smart kid to guess the last question Lol :) Heres a pic....can you identify the car?

15

Oh Yeah......click on the pic and it grows :)

315

AMC AMX/III?

15

Very very very good and fast too :)......... how did you know. Most people think its a Ferrari or something like it.

315

google lol tis a great device.

15

Cheater :) and here I thought you knew your cars......still haven't answered the last question, even thou I gave you a hint.

315

i was post AMC... I knew about the grimlon and the javalin... what was the last question?

15

What is the great great great grandson to the AMX, the AMX III pic was a hint.......late 80s early 90s....the car actually did ery well and had some good specs to. Ice racers like useing it.....Do I have you puzzled?????? :)

315

was it the lancia stratos? i remember that being a very popular rally car in that time era, it looked alot like it too.

15

Ths Lancia Strato was built as a limited production fatory rally car. Production was between 1972 -1974 with a few attemps to rebuild the car in resent times. I said late 80's to early 90's..........89-98

315

idk im going to guess the fiero?... i have no other idea

15

After Renault went into partnership with AMC, they decided to purchase them. They lasted about 5 years and sold the entire company to Chrysler who wanted them because of the Jeep brand name. After their take over Chrysler decided to change the brand name from AMC to Eagle. Which was a spin off of Jeep. AMC had brought out a line of vehicles before there time, which are now called crossovers or SUVs. Jeep and AMC decide to build a set of cars that were four wheel drive. They called them Jeep Eagle Concords. The car I'm referring to was a joint venture car with Mitsubishi motors. The North American Car was the Talon from Eagle, Lancer from Plymouth and the Eclipse from Mitsubishi. But the main decide was the Talon from Eagle which was slated to be called the AMX V

315

lol if u would've hinted at eagle i couldve guessed that one. talons were great cars Diamond star motors. but thats some interesting information.