Where are cars manufactured???

35

Asked by Oct 08, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Is there anywhere where I can find where a car is manufactured?

I care about jobs and the environment. I want to buy a car made in Canada or the U.S.A., since it helps our people and travels less; therefore emits less pollution via transportation.

I had to find out on the news that the replacement for my car (Cavalier), the Cobalt, is made somewhere in the U.S.A.!!!
The Cobalt sucks too and is inferior to the Cavalier- too small and marginally better fuel economy!

Cars must be labelled like phones or computer parts to help us consumers shop ethically!
Derrick Tully, former resident of a GM town (Oshawa)

20

This is a global world and cars are created out of parts manufactured from all around the world. Typically the VIN has some information regarding point of assembly and the window stickers always has that information. Needless to say a car assembled in the US may have parts from all over the world.

10,185

The stickers in the window have to tell you where it was assembled and where the parts come from. Derrick, most cars are not completely made from US parts because most manufacturers do buy some parts or manufacture them themselves in other countries. The window sticker will tell you what percentage of parts are US and what are not, and where it was assembled. Example- some Toyotas are assembled in the US, but the parts come from Japan. Kudos to you for being concerned, and I wish there were more consumers like you!