tyre size

35

Asked by Sep 10, 2008 at 05:40 PM

why do pepole drive with big rims and small tires, it looks like shit...!?

85

It is because the low profile tires will give the driver better handling in turns and such. But i agree they detract from the looks signifigantly.

35

i cannot agree, thinner tires may give better responsiveness, but the performance ahd handling of the car will decrease since the weight will increase with larger rims.

3,165

not only that but the rims them selfs are really big so it takes more effort to turn them so the car is probably working twice as hard as stock rims and tires. I agree though it is really ignorant to see an old ass chevy blazer with 22's or a 1995 dodge intrepid with 20's on it and not to mention half the time the rims and tires cost more then they payed for the car hahaha

i can say it in 1 bliiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggg.

7,365

big rims and small tires looks better than little rims and big tires. it has to be done within reason of course.

the bigger the wheel, the more rotating mass, the more damage done to your car, the more itll cost what itll do to your car. if you want bigger wheels then do you homework.

7,365

if i put a set of aftermarket rims on a luxury car i dont really care what it does as long as it looks good. i can afford to fix the problems that might stem from having larger rims.

as long you get the right combination, you shouldnt blow your trans, rear end,or balljoints. i had a similar thing happen. my car had bad wheels it so i found a set off of an old police car in a boneyard. a few months later i was going through balljoints like mad. later i looked at the car in the front and the wheels were out really far and the car was saggin, then i put the spare on and found out the police wheels had the wrong offset. dont be like me. do your homework on your wheels

125

That is not exactly right. When you add 1", 2" or sometimes 3" to the rim diameter, you get better performance. (sometimes much better) But going bigger rims than that starts to reduce performance for the reasons you mentioned.